Affiliate marketing: How to become an affiliate and start making money with your blog.
In this article, I will tell you how to easily receive your first commission as an affiliate.
This post contains affiliate links, this means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. I just recommend products I tried, used and loved. This helps me monetizing this website. Thank you for your support.
As a new blogger, it takes time to build up a community and follower to get corporations with brands to earn money. So it’s nice to make some bucks at the beginning to monetize your blog.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to easily make money at the beginning. You put in your work once by writing a blog post and earn money over and over again. You even can make money in your sleep.
After a while, you can also start creating your own digital products like online courses or writing e-books to make money. But that takes some time and knowledge first, so affiliate marketing is a great way to start and learn.
I use and love the affiliate program ShareASale.com. It’s an awesome Affiliate Marketing platform that hosts over 3,900 affiliate programs in 40 different categories e.g.: accessories, art/music/photography, business, clothing, computer, they are working with lots of big and popular brands.
Here is how you start to become an affiliate at ShareASale.com:
- Sign up as an affiliate: go to ShareASale.com and start the easy sign up process.
- You have to put in a user name and password.
- On the next page, you need to put in your primary affiliate website, the language your site is in and answer some questions.
- In the next step, you have to put in your email address. For faster approval, it’s good to use an email address that matches your domain.
- On the next page, you need to fill in all your contact information. Also, you need to answer questions about incentive website and domain ownership.
- At the last sign up step, you need to select how you would like to receive your payments. The best option is direct deposit, you just need to put in your bank account information.
- Now you need to accept the “user’s terms of agreement”. So take a moment to read it and check the box at the bottom and click on complete application.
- To verify your e-mail address you need to go to your email you’re using for your shareasale.com account and confirm your sign up.
- Now you just need to wait about 1-2 business days to get approved from ShareASale and you can start applying for the affiliate program you want to promote 🙂
2 great merchants to promote
When you’re logged into your affiliate account go to “search for merchants” you can find all brands under categories. You also can search for the newest program, the power rank and a marketing calendar, that shows all upcoming events and holidays. So you always know what to promote.
Tailwind.com is one of the best scheduling and analytics tool and also official Instagram and Pinterest marketing partner.
With Tailwind, you have scheduled time slots, based on when your target audience is most active and industry-leading analytics, to help you track your success. (references @ tailwind.com or shareasale.com)
Tip: If you get approved as Tailwind affiliate you can get a $25 first time writer bonus just for writing a blog post about Tailwind. Isn’t that great?! This could be your first commission as affiliate!
Are you using Tailwind already? If not, check out my post:
Grammarly.com is the perfect tool to help you write an awesome blog post without spelling, grammar or punctuation errors. It’s the best proofreading and language tool and also it’s free to use.
Tip: If you become an affiliate for Grammarly, you also can receive a $25 bonus for writing a blog post about them and tell your audience everything about Grammalry. So this could be your second commission as an affiliate! 😉
Learn more about Grammarly in my blog post:
I hope you liked my tips and maybe I could help you make your first $$ as an affiliate!
If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to contact me email@example.com or leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you.